Monday, October 3, 2011

Hell YES! lol

          So for those who don't know me, I got to school full time online. And I was having much difficulty in my classes this semester in particular, which has lead me to drop a class. I have maintained a 3.75 GPA for the past year and a half, and I want to stay as close to that as possible. I made the dean's list for last year and it felt so great to get that certificate, I want to keep getting them. When making the dean's list, I also had a great opportunity sent to me to be a part of an honor society, which means scholarships! I have had a very difficult time getting any type of help besides loans and when I first started, I didn't even get that. As I've made much progress in school, this semester was still worrying me. It is mandatory for me to take a writing class for my degree, even though I have written MANY essays in past classes and never made a B. A class I was thinking was going to be a piece of cake, has shown to be kind of difficult. Mainly because I am not used to writing in the way the professor asked. And after what I feel like I have been struggling throughout the 8 week course, I got my first paper back and it was a 95!! I couldn't be more excited, because as much as I am trying, I didn't think I was still getting everything the professor was wanting. I was completely anticipating a B in this class, which as much as it would have upset me, it's better than a C. So now with this grade, I am more than confident I can pull an A :)
        I sometimes wonder how I handle all the things I have going on. Along with school full time and doing well at it, I'm in a social science club online for school, I stay stressed at my full time job all the time, I take cake decorating classes AND now I'm working out everyday in hopes of being in a race next year. How do I have time to read so many books?? Lol. And I need to learn Spanish! haha.
One thing is for sure, I'm not giving up on giving myself a better future! I have struggled for a while, and I'm not going to let myself give up and remain stuck in the rut I have always been.


"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment