Monday, October 3, 2011

Day 3: This is NOT easy lol...

I woke up this morning around 9, laid around lazy for a little bit and went to the chiropractor and my goodness did I need it! I preceded to be a little lazy and read some and then decided to start working out.
I first started with some stretches before anything. One that I found that I think I will continue to do because it may help my back some, is called a bridge.

I decided to check out this one workout on bodyrock.tv/ called the wicked things workout and after attempting it, I can see why it's called that. I started with a jump lunge and swing, which wasn't too bad only because I don't have a medicine ball yet :) After 10 reps on each side of that, I continued on to a diagonal knee lift of 20 reps total, which also wasn't too bad. My upper arms are kind of sore from it, but I know it will be easier as I gain more muscle there. Now comes the trickier part of the workout. A side plank leg lift. It's bad enough a side plank is difficult for me, again I suppose because of my not very strong upper half, but lifting the leg while in this position has proven to be difficult.
I was able to do 5 on each side and that's all.
The next workout is called a pike press and knee tuck, which is pretty hard because I have to rely on my arms so much.Once you are in a pike position, you have to manage to go down in a push up position while tucking your leg in.


I was able to do 10 reps for each leg, which surprised me!
The last exercise is a leg swing, back lunge, knee raise. These I actually had kinda fun with. I didn't feel the pain until AFTER doing many. lol.
Once you swing your leg over the dip station, you go directly into a back lunge and then pull yourself up into a knee raise. The knee raises are where you hold yourself up on the dip station and lift your legs to your stomach. I was surprisingly able to do about 30 reps total for this one, but I am more than feeling the burn now.
As if I haven't tortured myself for the day, I decided to lift my 10 lb weights as well. As tired as I was, I am very surprised to see how much easier I am lifting them and was able to do more reps than even a few days ago. I think I am done exercising for the day as my arms are shaking from the workout. Gonna take a nice how shower and do some homework! Gotta keep that A average ;)
Later on tonight I am excited to start a cake decorating class! Hopefully I won't indulge too much on the sweets and keep on my streak. Who knows, maybe I can make a career out of cake decorating one day :))

No comments:

Post a Comment