So it's been a while since I last posted. Things have just been too crazy personally and work related and I haven't had a chance. I continued last week with the same workout and attempted to increase the length each day. It went pretty well. Wednesday morning I ended up lasting for 12 minutes total, so I was proud that I was able to increase another 4 minutes :) Wednesday I didn't get home from work until 9:45 ish and I had work at 5 am the next day :/ and I was doing stock all day on Thursday, so there was no working out for me that day. Friday was the same situation where it was a 5 am day and again stock all day, and truck day at work is plenty workout for me. Saturday I was pretty lazy I have to admit. I've been having a difficult time staying motivated just because I've been pretty down lately. I'm trying hard to push through it, but it's been difficult the past couple weeks. So I laid around and read a book for a while, and I did do some working out, but I didn't go as intense as usual. I did the same workout I've been doing but I only did about 10 minutes total. Once I did the workout, I worked on a paper that was due that night, ran some errands and got ready for a wedding. Left the wedding early at about 9 pm so I could go home and finish my paper. Yesterday I didn't do any working out. Read some when I woke up and then Lindsay and her son Jayden came over to my house and we baked cupcakes for my cake decorating class tonight, and also made all the icings we needed. The cupcakes turned out really good. we tried to do a vanilla and chocolate marble, but it didn't marble. There's just chocolate on top of them lol. Once we made everything, probably took a couple hours or so, we went up to Discover mills in search of toys for her daughter. Did a good bit of window shopping and found a book that I'm going to be reading for my social science club for school, so I got that. I also saw in the middle of the main walkways in the mall, a place to get your teeth whitened. I know I do have pretty good teeth, but I've always been interested in getting it done and for the weekends they have specials where it is only $50, so I think with my next paycheck when I see that deal again I'm going to get it done :) Once we were done at the mall, we went and grabbed some lunch, and I was pretty bad lol. We went to Zaxby's and I got the chicken finger plate. I can't knock myself too bad for that because that was the only thing I ate all day aside from a small granola bar in the morning. After lunch we went back to her house and I spent some time there with her and the kids. They were really cute the whole day. Her daughter Layla, doesn't really know me very well, so she's never interacted with me, or wanted to be around me, but she seemed to like me yesterday. We were bouncing on the bed and I tickled her a lot, and she was sitting in my lap. She was so cute. When it was time for me to leave, I was walking upstairs and she grabbed my hand and was walking with me, which apparently she does not like to hold anyone's hand hehe. And then she tried to get in my car and go home with me :) She didn't want me to get in my car, so she did have me walk a little ways around the neighborhood with her and Jayden followed us too haha. Finally when I got in the car, she crawled in and threw a fit when they tried taking her out. Then I just went home and read the rest of the night.
This morning is the start of a new workout and hopefully I will stay motivated on it and not slack towards the end like I did last week. I woke up and went to the chiropractor and oh was it great. I definitely needed it. Then I ran some errands with my dad, got home and was a little lazy looking around online and searching jobs. When I checked my email this morning, I got an invitation for another honor society! I'm so excited. I got one a couple weeks ago and it was just a generally honor society for non- traditional students, and this one is specifically for psychology majors, so I'm very excited about it. I printed out everything I need to, and later on I'll fill out the info for it and mail it in :)
I went to the bodyrock.tv/ website and found a good workout that has drained me in 6 minutes! lol. It's suppose to only last 12 minutes and the objective is to do as many reps as possible in the 12 minutes. I couldn't do the full workout as the website because I don't have a sandbag weight thing, so what I did was 10 regular squats and then went to the dip bar station and did 10 inverted push- ups. After 6 minutes, I was able to do 7 reps each equally 70 squats and 70 inverted push ups and has left me legs shaking! I was going to go walking around a park as well, but I think I'll give it a rest today. I'm already impressed with how many I did, because I did not think I would go that long without stopping. I've been breaking from those 6 grueling minutes for about 30 minutes now, and I think I'm going to do an additional workout on top of it and do both all week.
Well after going through the website, I found another workout that I'm going to attempt on top of what I just did. It's a side lunge and push up combo and if I can do at least 10 reps of these I will be happy lol. I'm going to start in a side lunge position and bend my knee down to do 10 reps on that one leg, from there, go into the plank position and do three push ups, from this, I have to go back into the side lunge position and do five jump lunges. And all that would be considered half a rep. Then I must repeat all that for the other leg to make a full rep. Soooo... we'll see lol. I'm going to go attempt this now and I'll post my progress or lack of :p
No comments:
Post a Comment